Estrogen hormone is the cause of sweet, especially chocolate crises during menstruation. Hormones control everything in our body, including appetite, even our emotions. During this period, an imbalance occurs in estrogen and progesterone hormones. The level of estrogen hormone in the blood decreases during the menstrual period. Due to the lack of estrogen, our blood sugar drops and our appetite metabolism is stimulated. In the end, unfortunately, we attack junk cum. Another reason for our sweet cravings is the decrease in the magnesium level in the body during the menstrual period.
Ways to reduce sweet cravings
– The habit of breakfast and snacks must be acquired. It should be consumed 6-7 meals a day, with a maximum of 3 hours between meals.
– Foods that increase blood sugar slowly and prevent it from falling for a long time (legumes, whole grains, vegetables and fruits should be preferred.
– Since it can increase blood sugar quickly and lower it in a short time, it can be consumed with foods such as milk and yogurt with high protein content, and the decrease in blood sugar can be prevented.
– If the cause of your sweet crisis is emotional problems such as unresolved depression and stress, and if it causes you to gain weight by repeating it, you should definitely get psychological support.
– When you crave sweets, eat fresh and dried fruits.
– When choosing your dessert, choose fruit and milk desserts that are lower in calories.
– If you cannot give up chocolate, dark chocolate will be a better choice.
– You can mix bananas, strawberries, dried fruits with yogurt or blend them into your milk.
– Try to distract yourself when you crave sweets. Drink water, take a walk, watch a movie, read a book.