Mushrooms, which benefit human health as much as meat and are a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, can also poison and even cause death. Due to the increasing rainfall in recent days, there has been a parallel increase in mushroom diversity in nature. However, the health system has been mobilized. Because mushrooms that are consumed unconsciously lead to poisoning. What is mushroom poisoning? What are the symptoms of mushroom poisoning?
Increasing rainy weather also brought the remaining mushrooms in the soil to light. Mushrooms collected by the villagers took their place in the market and market stalls. However, when some poisonous mushroom species were collected together with other species, essential situations emerged. Mushroom poisoning has just started to appear in the beginning of summer this year due to increased rainfall. Mushrooms get moldy from moisture when they get too wet. It also releases different viruses and becomes poisonous. This poisoning can be fatal in some people as it causes advanced reactions. Poisonous types of mushrooms cause terrible poisoning with the smallest bit. There are poisonous and non-poisonous types of these mushrooms, which grow under the forest and in the bushes. It is said that the poison of the mushroom is gone in cases such as washing with vinegar water and pressing the salt. However, these are completely false information. Experts suggest that especially the villagers should be made aware of this issue. There are about 100 species of poisonous mushrooms in nature.
DO NOT CONSUME THE MUSHROOM!
Experts warn not to consume every mushroom you find. Mushroom species such as Amanita Phalloides, amanita muscaria, amanita verna, ganoderma and fomes are very poisonous. Even accidentally consuming these mushrooms, the livers of the person suffer serious deformation. These poisonous species are not poisoned when some animals consume them, because the interaction in animals is different. However, among the people, these mushrooms are thought to be non-toxic when consumed by animals. Experts recommend consuming food-inspected mushrooms instead of pickled mushrooms.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF FUNGUS POISONING?
– Mushroom poisoning manifests itself within 3 hours. The first time the body reacts, symptoms such as nausea begin.
–Nausea followed by vomiting.
–Dizziness and the person begins to feel sluggish.
– These mushrooms, which contain substances that destroy the digestive and nervous system, begin to restrict body movements. It causes a partial paralysis-like condition.
–Diarrhea and excessive sweating due to circulatory failure, spasms are seen.
–Losing consciousness, the patient begins to hallucinate.
HOW TO TREAT FUNGUS POISONING?
Mild symptoms appear in 2-3 hours, followed by severe symptoms. The body, which loses excessive fluid, is faced with bad results, up to kidney and liver failure. The first thing to do is to ensure that the patient drinks plenty of water. Then it should be taken to a specialist. Rapid poisoning causes a heavy and slow treatment process. In some cases, it results in death within 24 hours. Experts are given heavy antioxidant-laden serum to clear the toxin in the body. Intravenous serum tries to reduce complications in the blood. At the same time, the remaining mushrooms in the stomach are evacuated by endoscopy.