Interest in cucamelon, the Mexican watermelon, which remains the only non-GMO fruit in the world, has increased in recent years. In appearance, it resembles a cucumber and a small watermelon. We have searched for you who are curious about Mexican watermelon, which contains a high amount of antioxidants. So what is Mexican watermelon (Cucamelon) and how is it consumed? What are the benefits of cucamelon fruit?
Similar to cucumber on the outside but completely different in taste, cucamelon is known as Mexican Watermelon. Mexican watermelon, scientifically known as melothria scabra, has grown in popularity in recent years. Extensive research was conducted on the Mexican watermelon, which belongs to the cucumber family. Thanks to the powerful vitamins and minerals it contains, it provides incredible contributions to human health. In particular, experts have obtained research results that prevent cardiovascular disease. Mexican watermelon, which contains high levels of potassium, supports the regeneration of body cells. Mexican watermelon, which is consumed raw, is usually eaten by adding it to a radish or green salad. The taste is slightly sour and comforting. Most consumers say that it tastes like a cucumber with a squeeze of lemon. The pickle is made. It can be passed through a juicer with cucumber and consumed as a snack.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEXICO WATERMEON (CUCAMELON)?
– It is a strong appetizing fruit. It often benefits the loss of appetite experienced by children.
– When consumed after meals, it facilitates digestion and prevents indigestion.
– It is among the ideal foods for those who want to lose weight. It contains low calories and fat.
The biggest benefit is the antioxidant effect of the vitamin C it contains.
– Strengthens the immune system. It helps to increase the number of antibodies against viruses.
– It also balances the pressure by cleaning the blood from toxins.
Studies have shown that it reduces the risk of diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and stroke.
– Since it easily removes free radicals from the body, it reduces the rate of cancer.