It is known as maca radish because it looks like radish, but its real name is maca root. It contains strong potassium, calcium and iron. Maca root, which meets the body’s need for reinforcement, relieves severe cramping pain experienced by women, especially during menstrual periods. We have researched for you those who are curious about maca root or maca radish, which provides the necessary energy. So what are the benefits of Maca radish? What does maca powder do?
Maca root, which has been used in herbal treatments for centuries, has incredible benefits. This root, which looks like a radish, is dried, ground into powder and consumed. Consumed as a tea, this root can be added to cooked meals, salads, beverages and yoghurts consumed for slimming purposes. Maca radish, known as Lepidium rind, is also called maca radish in some regions. Belonging to the cruciferous family, maca is an annual herb. It grows naturally in Peru, Abolivia and high in the Anda Mountains. It grows easily in cold soils. However, since it has benefits, it is grown in greenhouses with special methods. It is also known as maca root because it is grown underground. It is available in gold, red, purple, blue, black, green and cream colors. However, the cream type is often consumed. The cream type is the sweet one. Black has a bitter taste. It also gives energy. The red one is still under investigation. Studies on maca radish, which has this color, have been shown to prevent prostate cancer in particular. In Latin America it is known as Peruvian Ginseng. In Peru, bread is made by grinding maca root into powder. Maca root is rich in carbohydrates, protein, fiber and essential minerals, as well as selenium, calcium, magnesium and iron. It also contains linolenic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid, sterols and polysaccharides. Maca radish has also been found to contain as many as 19 amino acids, potassium, calcium, zinc, selenium, iron, iodine, copper and magnesium.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MACA RAdish?
– This root, which contains 16 percent protein, is an ideal food for people who do not consume meat. It is a food that should be consumed especially by those who want to diet or those who are vegetarian. Thus, the protein that the immune system needs is met. Due to the increasing number of viruses in recent years, diseases have increased gradually, so experts recommend consuming such foods.
– Maca root, which is rich in amino acids, maintains the balance of the body. Body functions work more healthily. In this way, it prevents the occurrence of many diseases.
– It is one of the foods that should be consumed in order to balance the hormonal problems experienced during menstrual periods and to relieve severe pains. Women prevent not only menstruation, but also health problems during menopause or pregnancy.
– By supporting the correct functioning of the nervous system, it reduces the risk of disorders such as stress, depression, fatigue, anxiety and panic attacks. It also strengthens the nerve cells going to the brain and increases the power of concentration. It also prevents the occurrence of diseases such as forgetfulness, which may be seen in advanced ages.
–At the same time, the minerals it contains renew the deformed cells of the skin and hair, allowing them to gain radiance and shine. The communities that have dominated maca radish, which reduces aging since ancient times, have seen it as a regenerative vegetable.
– This root, which increases fertility, also strengthens the body’s resistance and creates a shield against diseases. Maca radish, which is useful in infertility studies, is consumed in powder form.
WHAT DOES MACA POWDER DO?
Maca powder can be found in retailers or pharmacies. It is sold as a powder or capsule. Maca powder, which is taken as a supplement, is also used in skin problems. However, since maca powder is very effective, it is useful to consult a specialist before consuming it. Otherwise, it will cause stomach diseases when consumed excessively.