Ulcer is a disease that occurs not only in the stomach, but also in the throat, esophagus and vocal cords. Throat ulcer, which occurs due to many factors, causes serious problems if not treated on time. These pains are confused with virus symptoms. Therefore, it is useful to consult a specialist without delay. So what is a throat ulcer, what causes it and what is good for a throat ulcer? We investigated all these unknowns for you.
Throat ulcers, which are triggered more by bacterial infections, make it difficult to eat. This disease, which negatively affects speech, increases in severity especially in bad weather conditions. This disease, which develops due to environmental factors, has an infectious effect, albeit rarely. Diseases in this condition usually receive inpatient treatment because both the condition is more triggered and it can spread. This disease, which is not advanced, is easily treated. However, a serious throat ulcer negatively affects the quality of life and health.
WHAT CAUSES ULCER IN THE THROAT?
– Yeast infections and strong viruses resembling this infection settle in the throat
– Since chemotherapy and radiation treatments applied in cancer treatment affect immunity
– Viruses that cause mouth, hand and foot infections
– The virus that causes Behçet’s syndrome, which is seen in the mouth, eyes and large joints
SYMPTOMS OF ULCER IN THE THROAT
- – Difficulty swallowing, speaking and chewing
- – Swollen appearance of the throat on the outer surface
- – Dry and painful cough
- – severe pain in the chest
- – Inability to perform the stretching activity as well as forcing in breathing
- – Sudden changes in body temperature
- – severe stomach pain and nausea
- – Frequent coughing and the urge to clear the throat
- – Depersonalization of taste
- – It manifests itself with symptoms such as ear pain.
THROAT ULCER TREATMENT
Depending on the severity and degree, the treatment method also varies. Usually, experts tell a person to change their daily eating habits. Related to this;
–It emphasizes the need to avoid spicy foods and smoking.
– Useful foods such as mashed potatoes, cheese and yoghurt should be consumed. In addition, hard foods should not be consumed as well as hazelnuts, walnuts and chips.
–Gargles with salt or sumac water should be made until the ulcer subsides.
–The throat should be relieved by consuming almost everything consumed in the form of a little more than medium heat.
–Fatty and high-carbohydrate foods should not be consumed at night.
–Being overweight should be avoided.
–The living environment should be constantly disinfected and masks should be used.