Blood orange, which is a type of normal orange, is a powerful antioxidant thanks to lycopene, which gives its red color to its content. The blood orange produced in Hatay is especially beneficial for diseases such as pancreas and stomach cancer. We have searched for you who are curious about the blood orange, which contains a high amount of vitamin C. So what is a blood orange? What are the benefits of blood oranges? What does a blood orange do?
This type of orange, which has a red color, is called blood orange. It has a red color because it contains a high amount of lycopene. Blood orange, referred to as Citrus x sinensis in the scientific literature, is the richest type of antioxidant in the polyphenol pigment family, which is rarely seen in citrus fruits. Red orange contains chrysanthemum (cyanidin 3-O-glucoside). In the environment where it is grown, it turns purple when the temperature suddenly drops. It can be seen inside as well as outside of some red oranges. The outer part is harder than the other orange variety. So it is difficult to peel off. It tastes the same as raspberry. According to research, the red blood orange is a mutated species. It was first seen in Europe in the 19th century. There are several varieties of blood orange. The most common is Tarocco, which is grown in Italy. It is also grown in Sanguinello and Moro Spain. It tastes sweet as it contains more sugar. It can be consumed by removing the water. When consumed twice a day, it meets the body’s daily need for vitamin C and dietary fiber. It is also a powerful source of folate.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BLOOD ORANGE?
– Since it contains very strong antioxidant substances, it is effective in scavenging free radicals in the body. In this way, it prevents premature aging of cells. In this way, it provides a lot of benefits to the skin. Since it prevents cells from mutating, it prolongs the period of staying young.
– Thanks to the anthocyanin substance of blood orange, it balances blood pressure. It facilitates blood flow as it prevents the hardening of the veins caused by other nutrients. In this way, it protects heart health.
– The body does not produce collagen, which is necessary for the development of the body, after a certain age. That’s why the body needs to take in additional collagen. The healthiest food in this is blood orange. Since blood orange increases collagen production, it supports tooth and bone health. It strengthens bones and teeth and prevents any deformation.
– Folate increases the white and red cells in the blood structure. In this way, diseases such as anemia are prevented. Since blood orange is also rich in folate, it makes blood. Since anemia is not experienced, nerve cells easily provide their functions in the body. It prevents diseases such as stress and depression.
– Dietitians are in the top five in the list of the most beneficial foods for weight loss. It regulates the digestive system as it is rich in fiber. It prevents weight gain as it accelerates metabolism. It prevents constipation by increasing the functionality of the intestines.
– Contains natural sugar. But there is no oil at all. In this way, it allows the body to lose weight in a controlled manner.
WHAT DOES BLOOD ORANGE DO?
It prevents cancer thanks to its antioxidant substance. In studies, experts state that those who consume blood red orange regularly have a lower rate of cancer. One should be consumed at breakfast and one at lunch. It keeps the person fresh throughout the day. In this way, it prepares the ground for a comfortable sleep in the evening.