Our dietary habits closely affect our bone quality. Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialist, who stated that obtaining a quality bone, especially with the foods to be taken in the early stages of development, will reduce the risk of bone diseases and fractures that may occur in later ages. Burak Önvural gave information about the subject.
When we think of foods that positively contribute to bone development, the first thing that comes to mind is milk, yogurt and cheese, but it is not possible to limit foods that are beneficial for bones. . Apart from these foods, calcium Foods that have a positive effect on bone development
- Foods rich in calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K, phosphorus and magnesium
- Fish with high gray meat and fat such as sardines, salmon, tuna
- Vegetables such as spinach, artichoke, green and red peppers, okra, brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes
- , fruits such as raisins, oranges and grapefruit
Consuming these foods in a balanced way and according to the distribution of daily nutritional needs is very important for a healthy bone development…
However, it can negatively affect bone health. We should also avoid situations that affect it.
Habits that negatively affect bone development
- Smoking is a habit that reduces bone quality, decreases bone density and increases the risk of fracture.
- Especially high doses of caffeine can lead to osteoporosis
- Phosphorus intake without adequate calcium intake also causes bone loss.
- In order to ensure a quality bone development, consumption of cola and derivative carbonated beverages, coffee, tea, and alcohol should be limited.