Sputum experienced in the nose or throat, triggered by upper respiratory tract diseases, can also be a harbinger of serious health problems. Sputum discharge, which has a solid and yellowish color, is seen after a high rate of infection viruses. It is experienced in cases such as coughing and sneezing with sputum. So what causes Phlegm? Natural ways to expel phlegm…
The type of mucus that accumulates in the part from the lower respiratory tract to the lungs is called sputum. This mucus keeps the airways moist and allows us to breathe comfortably. However, due to viruses and infections, this release increases and causes clogging of the pipes. In fact, this sputum is produced regularly in a normal person every day. It removes accumulated viruses and bacteria. When it increases due to certain factors, it can be a harbinger of serious health problems as well as cause health problems. Some foods, smoking, dirty and dry air are the main factors that increase the sputum level. When sputum accumulates in the throat or sinuses, it is not a serious health problem. You can also get rid of it naturally, which can be done at home. However, increased sputum in the lungs should be treated with drugs recommended by a specialist doctor.
WHICH DISEASES CAUSE phlegm?
– The respiratory tract of chronic asthma patients is sensitive to air. Humid environment, air pollution and allergic conditions increase the possibility of respiratory inflammation. This causes phlegm.
– Cystic fibrosis is a disease in which a mutated gene in the lung membrane can cause rapid increase in sputum. It is one of the common diseases that cause sputum increase.
– A heart that does not beat regularly can lead to lack of oxygen in the body. Lack of oxygen also increases infectious viruses in the body. Since viruses first accumulate in the lungs and respiratory tract, they cause phlegm.
– The accumulation of blood clots in any part of the body can cause pulmonary embolism. This disease rapidly clogs the pulmonary vessels in the lungs and then prevents them from working properly. It prepares the ground for the formation of inflammation in the lung membrane.
– Lung cancer, which is caused by extensive damage to lung cells and the formation of tumor cells, also increases mucus secretion.
– The accumulation of inflammation in the bronchial tubes, which are blocked due to the upper respiratory tract, also paves the way for the formation of sputum.
– Pneumonia is one of the serious diseases that damage the lung tissue. Therefore, it causes sputum formation.
In addition to these, it causes inflammation in the bronchi in diseases such as tuberculosis and COPD.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF Sputum?
Even with a dry cough, there is no liquid discharge in the throat.
Severe pain in throat and chest
Difficulty breathing or swallowing
Burning of the lungs and a wheezing sound when breathing
Constant need to swallow while speaking
Hoarseness or high pitched voice
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF Sputum?
Smokers often have foamy sputum.
It is the most common inflammatory sputum. It is usually seen after upper respiratory tract diseases.
The type of sputum that occurs with advanced diseases is sticky.
Thin sputum is seen with health problems such as flu, which is mild.
Thick sputum is the phlegm caused by dry and polluted air.
If the color of the sputum is light, it is a sign that it is due to allergic conditions. However, green or dark sputum is an indication that there is a high rate of infection in the body. The color of sputum is usually pink or red in lung cancer, tuberculosis and pulmonary embolism diseases.
NATURAL WAYS TO DROP Sputum…
It is necessary to consult a specialist for sputum seen as a result of serious diseases. However, a few natural methods can be applied at home for sputum with low severity seen with upper respiratory tract diseases.
SALT WATER ROUTE
Salt is a powerful agent against viruses as a substance. Thanks to its solvent feature, it can remove inflammation from the body in a short time. Alternative medicine experts therefore recommend gargling by adding a tablespoon of salt to a glass of warm water. This mouthwash helps to get rid of viruses and phlegm accumulated in the throat.
Oils such as tea tree, peppermint, basil and eucalyptus, when applied to the skin surface, soften the chest and throat and allow the infections accumulated here to be easily removed. Put a heated cheesecloth or towel on it and wait for a while. You can repeat it 3-4 times a day.
It is necessary to drink plenty of water and keep the air constantly moist. In addition, drop peppermint oil into boiling water and try to breathe this water.
Lemon, which has another solvent effect, removes phlegm in a short time. A mixture of honey and black pepper or molasses black pepper helps to reduce infections in the throat and to keep this area moist. Honey, which is a strong antibacterial, allows the cells here to be easily regenerated.