One of the most common ailments is headache. Headache can be both a disease and a symptom of some diseases. Experts make some recommendations to prevent headaches that usually increase during Ramadan. We have searched for you about the headache that reduces the quality of life. So what causes a headache? How to prevent a headache while fasting? What is good for headaches?
Headache, one of the most common ailments in metropolitan life, is more common in women than in men. Headache, which negatively affects the quality of life, can be a disease in itself as well as a symptom of the disease. According to the data of the World Health Organization, headache, which is seen in 3 out of 4 people in the society, is a type of neurological disease. In studies, the most common cause of headache is upper respiratory tract disease. The most common headaches are migraine, tension type and cluster headache. Headache can occur for many reasons. Genetic and environmental factors are the most common of these. During irritability, stress, and depression, the blood vessels in the brain expand and the brain produces some chemicals on its own. Pain occurs by stimulating the nerves. In addition, sinus, ear and meningeal inflammation due to infections can also pave the way for headaches. Headache can also be a symptom of diseases such as aneurysm, malformations, vascular occlusions, tumors and hypertension. These are vital diseases. After severe and persistent headache, a specialist should be consulted.
- It is seen due to various diseases.
- Menstruation, migraine, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection, cerebral hemorrhage, stress, depression… cause headaches.
- Long-term work and insomnia can cause headaches.
- Washing your face with cold water and putting a cold water bag on your neck are natural ways to stop the headache suddenly.
- Chamomile and anise tea are effective herbal teas that reduce the severity of headaches.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF HEADACHE?
–Severe pain around the head after intense work and stress Tension Headache.
–Headache with nausea and vomiting is usually your migraine is the harbinger. These pains are moderate to severe. Headaches appear as attacks. These patients are often disturbed by sound and light.
– Pain starting from the back of the eye is seen in occasional attacks. Because it is seen in a place for a certain period of time cluster headache is called. This pain is accompanied by redness and tearing in the eyes.
– Headache starting from the nape and subsequent chills or fever are headaches related to tension.
– Contraction of the facial muscles and a definite pain all over the face are signs of trigeminal neuralgia.
HOW DOES HEAD PAIN COME?
There are many drug treatments depending on its causes. The nervous system is tried to be relieved, especially for headaches caused by diseases such as migraine. To pass this, it is necessary to rest in a quiet and dark environment until the pain subsides.
Consuming plenty of water balances the oxygen in the body. This prevents the vessels from contracting and expanding.
Herbal teas such as fennel, mint or chamomile are also good for headaches as they calm the nerves. In addition, thanks to the sharp smell of mint or tea tree leaves, it can reduce the severity of headaches.
It is among the natural ways that are good for cold compresses on the neck. However, it is useful to consult a specialist for severe and persistent headaches. Otherwise, the severity of the underlying disease may increase.