Did you know that thyme, which is frequently used in kitchens due to the aroma it adds to red meat, has incredible benefits for human health? It is collected fresh and consumed by drying. So what are the benefits of Thyme grass? How to make thyme tea? What does thyme oil do? We have searched for you what you need to know about the miracle herb that prevents kidney disease.
Thyme, which has more than one variety in nature, has many benefits for our body. Thyme, which is mostly used in honey production by bees, is one of the most effective plants in strengthening the immune system. Essential oil is obtained from the leaves of oregano, which grows spontaneously in fields and meadows with its unique smell. At the same time, the leaves are dried and tea is made. Thyme herb, which has been used for centuries, is more preferred in meat dishes. The reason is that it gives a different taste to the meat with its taste of pleasure. Thanks to the antiseptic properties of the essential oils in oregano leaves, which are used in medical treatment in Asian and North African countries, they provide incredible benefits to human health. Oregano, which belongs to the mint family, contains substances such as zeaxanthin, lutein, apigenin, naringenin, and luteolin. In addition to these, it is rich in B complex, vitamins K, C and folic acid. There are more than 350 varieties of thyme in nature.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF Oregano?
– It provides one-to-one benefits for gas and bloating caused by fatty and carbonated foods in the stomach. Thanks to its antibacterial properties, it removes free radicals from the body through the urine. It prevents the accumulation of toxins in the esophagus, stomach and intestines.
–Experts who recommend drinking a glass of thyme tea every day to reduce toxins in the stomach and esophagus indicate that the tea also prevents bad breath.
– It balances the fluid ratio in the kidneys and expels harmful bacteria through urine. Thus, it reduces the formation of sand and stone.
– Thanks to its antibacterial properties, it is very effective in deep cleaning the skin. It removes bacteria on the skin and makes the skin firm. It also brightens the skin by removing blemishes.
– The disintegrating compounds contained in thyme, which is also good for the muscle pain that athletes often experience, prevent the muscles from tensing or tightening, and support the body to move more easily. It also prevents the formation of inflammation and edema by balancing the platelet cells in the blood. The vitamin K it contains also supports the growth of bones.
– In studies, it has been observed that thyme added to a glass of thyme tea or a bowl of chicken broth a day increases the level of dopamine and serotonin, which are found in the brain, of happiness hormones. Experts emphasize that it is an important plant that should be consumed by people who are prone to depression or stress.
– Any deformation in the scalp causes hair loss and wear. Decreased vitamins and minerals in the hair also increase the severity of such health problems. However, in the last rinse during the bath, thyme water is poured into the hair, thereby reducing this condition. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, thyme soothes the scalp and increases the vitamins in the cells.
HOW TO MAKE THYME HERB TEA?
It should also be consumed to relieve sore throat, which occurs as a result of infections or upper respiratory tract diseases, which are frequently experienced during seasonal changes. In order for thyme tea to be effective in these diseases, mix two tablespoons of thyme with 3 glasses of water, a clove of garlic and 6 drops of lemon, boil for 10 minutes and consume.