Although it has been used as a plant for many years, did you know that tamarind has incredible benefits for human health after making sherbet in the Ottoman Cuisine? We have compiled the things that are curious about this miracle plant that almost renews the body. So what are the benefits of tamarind? Everything about tamarind sherbet, which is consumed regularly, is in the details of our news…
Tamarind, whose homeland is Africa, was discovered 5000 years ago and used as a food, as well as in herbal treatments. The leaves of tamarind, which is also known as persimmon, are given to animals as fodder, and jam is also made from the fruit. The tamarind plant, which has a sour taste, can be added to meals, salads and pickles. In some regions, granulated sugar is thrown on it and consumed. A natural laxative is also obtained by mixing chamomile with senna. However, since it is a very strong laxative, it is not recommended to be consumed without consulting a specialist. It was discovered in our country during the Ottoman period. After the benefits of this plant, which was made in the palace as a sherbet for human health, were discovered, it was also used in natural medical treatments. It has been found that when consumed regularly, it cleans the liver and makes it 20 years younger. In addition to being a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory, it contains vitamins E, B, C and iron, phosphorus, manganese and dietary fiber.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DEMIRHIND? IF YOU DRINK THE REGULAR DEMIRHINDI SHERBET…
– Thirst quenching is among its most common benefits. It also prevents the formation of stones or sand in the kidneys by balancing the fluid ratio in the body. That’s why experts recommend drinking a maximum of 2 glasses of tamarind sherbet between iftar and sahur, especially during Ramadan.
– It is also good for heartburn caused by certain foods. Thanks to the antioxidant substances it contains, it prevents serious ailments by balancing the stomach acid. In addition, tamarind sherbet softens the intestines and prevents the formation of serious digestive problems such as constipation. By accelerating the metabolism, it allows the nutrients to mix into the blood quickly, while allowing the toxins to be removed from the body.
– It reduces the risk of psychological diseases by reducing the toxins in nerve cells that are deformed due to environmental effects. It prevents health problems such as fatigue by increasing its concentration power.
– Vitamin C facilitates the flow of blood in the veins by lowering bad cholesterol in the blood. This vitamin, which is high in tamarind fruit, facilitates the flow of blood in the veins and reduces the rate of heart disease. It also prevents high blood pressure that may occur due to this condition.
– Thanks to its anti-microbial feature, it also reduces harmful parasites in the body. It strengthens the immune system and protects the body against cancerous cells. It also eliminates worms in the intestines.
– Drink made from tamarind cleanses the liver of all toxins. 20 years of age rejuvenates the liver. Boil 50 grams of tamarind in half a liter of water. Then strain the water and you can consume a glass in the morning and evening.