Sorrel, which is consumed as a salad, is not used by everyone because it has a sour taste. However, this plant has grown by itself for centuries and is consumed in alternative medicine in making natural medicines. Lamb’s ear, which is rich in phosphorus and iron, is mixed with spinach as an image. So what are the benefits of sorrel? How to consume lamb’s ear? We have added the details of the news about sorrel for you.
Sorrel, which is called Rumex acetocella in the scientific literature, is a type of plant with a red stem. Sorrel, which has a high amount of potassium in its leaves, also contains oxalate, oxalic acid, tannin, anthraquinone, resin and sugar. Apart from that, it is rich in vitamins A, B and C. It looks like lamb’s ears because of its long hairless leaves. Among the people, they are also known as sourness, goat’s ear and ebemekşisi. While it is mostly grown in Tokat in Turkey, it is grown by greenhouse method in European countries in the world. However, sorrel is a plant that grows spontaneously in wetlands. This plant, which matures fully in autumn, can be found on market stalls during the winter months. Sorrel, which has been used frequently in skin diseases since ancient times, provides one-to-one benefits especially for psoriasis, eczema and boils. The acidic content it contains renews the deformed cells on the skin surface. It has a powerful germicidal. In recent studies, it has been determined that the plant has a breast milk-increasing effect. Sorrel, belonging to the buckwheat family, grows easily on moist soils. It can be consumed raw.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF sorrel?
– It relieves the aches and pains experienced in the menstrual cycle that women experience from puberty. It also benefits in irregular menstrual cycles.
– It reduces the risk of serious diseases caused by vitamin C deficiency. It increases the number of healthy cells in the body.
– When consumed raw, it cleans the infected cells on the tongue and the food wastes between the teeth. It strengthens the gums. It reduces tooth loss.
– Intestines that slow down for various reasons cause constipation. However, sorrel increases the functionality of the intestines and prevents digestive problems. It provides an effect almost like a laxative.
– When fresh sorrel is crushed and applied to the skin surface, it reduces the risk of skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis and sunburn. It strengthens all skin cells and eliminates effects such as aging and wrinkles.
– It removes toxins and fats from the blood through the urine. During this process, it cleans the urinary tract and bladder. It prevents the formation of stones and sand.
– When the liquid content is high, it activates the kidney glands. However, since it contains high potassium, it can cause fluid imbalance in the body.
– When consumed during upper respiratory tract diseases, it purifies the throat from infection. It reduces high fever caused by immunity.
–Studies have shown that sorrel seed increases breast milk and increases its nutritional properties.
HOW TO CONSUMED SUGAR?
It is often used raw in salads. However, it can also be consumed in soups and kidneys as a filling material. Add 20 grams of dried sorrel to a glass of boiled hot water, after 5 minutes, strain and consume. This tea helps to reduce fever and diuresis. Wash a bunch of lamb’s ears thoroughly. Soak in vinegar water for an hour. Then chop it, take it on a plate, chop a cucumber, add olive oil, lemon and chili pepper and consume it. When you consume this salad as a snack, it also helps you lose weight.