Purple carrot, also known as black carrot, is a powerful antioxidant. This type of carrot, which is used in the production of turnips, provides one-to-one benefits against diseases. Purple turnip, which is frequently used in winter, is grown in Konya and Afyon in our country. We have added the details of the news about the purple carrot, which is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. What are the benefits of purple carrots?
Carrot, which is one of the underground nutrients, has thousands of varieties in the world according to the soil it grows. Although the orange one is consumed frequently, the purple one is becoming more and more common nowadays. Purple carrot, which is rich in antioxidants, is grown in Afyon and Konya. Specially produced purple carrots are used in pickles. Purple carrot, which benefits eye and stomach diseases, is a food that has been consumed in alternative medicine for centuries. Two of the purple carrots, which have more Lafa and beta carotenes than orange carrots, easily meet the B vitamin complex that the body needs. Turnip and salad are made from purple carrots, which are widely consumed in Central Anatolia.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES OF PURPLE CARROT
Purple carrot, which can also be consumed raw, contains antioxidant substances that give it its purple or black color. This feature causes it to be used not only as a health but also as a cosmetic and food colorant. Since it comes out of the soil in the winter season, its consumption is high in these months. It was discovered and started to be produced by the Moroccan Empire in the 10th century. In the Far East countries, the purple carrot, which is shaped, is often consumed here, as the soil structure is different. Nutritional values of purple carrot are; It consists of fiber, potassium, manganese, anthocyanin, oxidative, vitamins C and A.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PURPLE CARROT?
- Purple carrot, which is effective in removing toxins from the blood as it contains oxidative; reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. In addition to reducing bad cholesterol levels, it also prevents health problems such as sudden stroke and stroke by controlling blood pressure.
- It provides the B vitamin complex that the body needs in one go. This vitamin complex provides regeneration of cells especially in organs. It also increases their functionality, preventing them from taking damage.
- The most important feature that distinguishes purple carrot from other foods is anthocyanin substance. This substance provides antioxidant properties. It is the same as the substance and ratio found in purple carrots. This reduces the number of free radicals in the body. It prevents cells from mutating.
- Its antioxidant property also affects brain health on its own. While it ensures the renewal of the cells in the brain, it reduces the risk of catching the forgetfulness disease, which will cause mental regression, especially in advanced ages.
- Being high in calories helps to lose weight, not to gain weight. It also increases the energy of the body and accelerates the burning of fat. Studies have shown that people who regularly consume purple carrots lose the healthiest weight.
- Intestinal problem is one of the digestive diseases. In particular, inflammation and the decrease in the number of flora reduce the functionality of the intestines. Diseases such as inflammatory are also seen as a result of this fall. Inflammatory disease, which is a serious disease, can lead to bowel cancer. However, purple carrots are very rich in fiber, which increases the functionality of the intestines. It even prevents the occurrence of problems such as constipation.
- Purple carrot is also an effective food in eliminating edema in the body. It also prevents aging.
HOW TO CONSUME PURPLE CARROT?
Various salads and recipes can be made from purple carrots added to snacks. It can also be consumed by squeezing the juice.
Grate 2 medium purple carrots and fry them with olive oil. You can add salt and lemon according to your taste and consume it by pouring yogurt on it. You can also cut it long like a potato and fry it in olive oil and eat it. You can grate it and add it to vegetable soups.