Did you know that poppy, whose use dates back to ancient civilizations, has benefits for human health? We have searched for you who are curious about poppy, which is the strongest pain reliever in nature. Poppy, which is especially healing for chronic insomnia, raises the energy of the body. So what are the benefits of poppy? What diseases is poppy good for? You can find everything about poppy in the details of the news.
Originating from Asia, poppy seed is a natural pain reliever discovered by ancient civilizations and used in medical treatments. Poppy, called “Papaver somniferum” in the scientific literature, is grown in Afyon and Kütahya counties in our country. Poppy seed, which belongs to the poppy family, is a very effective plant for sleep. The poppy, which can be produced in wet winter, becomes brownish as it stands in the sun. Poppy, which is used in desserts and salads, is also added to the dishes as a spice in some regions. It contains soothing substances such as morphine, codeine, thebaine, papaverine and narcotine. Poppy seed tea is recommended by experts for reducing severe menstrual pain experienced by women at the beginning of the month and for those suffering from chronic insomnia. However, due to the strong sedatives it contains, it is recommended to be consumed no more than three times a week. Poppy seeds, which are effective in cleaning the digestion, are used in the cosmetics and food industry.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF POPPY? WHICH DISEASES IS POPPY GOOD FOR?
– Some infected cells and substances that enter the body through food deform the digestive system. This causes bladder inflammation or constipation. Thanks to the substances it contains, poppy removes this accumulation in the body through urine and defecation.
– The most effective mineral for brain health is omega-3. The food richest in this mineral is fish. However, for those who do not consume fish, the other most ideal food may be poppy. Poppy extract contains omega-3 fatty acids. By supporting the healthy functioning of acid nerve cells, it prevents the emergence of diseases such as forgetfulness and Alzheimer’s. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids protect cardiovascular health by reducing bad cholesterol levels.
– Inflammation of the gums due to high infection, tooth decay and related odor in the mouth occur. The most natural way to prevent this situation is poppy. Pour poppy seeds into a glass of hot water and brew. Then gargle with water. You can repeat this method until the infection is gone.
– Poppy, which contains iron and zinc, balances the proportions of cells in the blood. Thus, it prevents the formation of the disease that prepares an invitation to serious diseases such as iron deficiency.
–Poppy The seed calms the nerve cells. It eliminates the negative effects of stress and depression in the body and allows the person to have a comfortable sleep. One or two hours before sleep, boil a glass of water and a teaspoon of poppy seeds for 5 minutes and consume. However, do this application intermittently every two days.
–HE Leic acid is effective in preventing the cells that cause breast cancer from mutating. Studies have shown that women who regularly consume poppy seeds are healthier than women who do not.
– Thanks to its high fiber, it provides long-term satiety. It is an ideal seed for dieters.
HOW ARE POPPY SEEDS CONSUMED?
The seeds can be crushed and mixed with tahini or honey and consumed for breakfast. The seeds can also be used to make cakes. Dieters can mix it with yogurt and eat a bowl to keep their energy high throughout the day. It can also be added to meals and salads. Apart from this, it is also used as a raw material in the cosmetic industry because it is beneficial for the skin.
IS THE POPPY DAMAGED?
As with any food, poppy can cause allergies. That’s why it’s useful to do an allergy test. Otherwise, it may cause itching, vomiting and blistering on the skin surface. It also disrupts the digestive system when consumed in excess. It causes excessive diarrhea. This causes the body to lose fluid quickly.
NOTE: Always consult a specialist before using poppy seeds. Poppy, which is used as a narcotic substance, is a processed substance. It is the poppy seed in the article mentioned above.