Olive, which is the indispensable food of our breakfast tables, provides incredible benefits to human health from its oil to its seed to its leaves. We have compiled for you all those who wonder about the olive, which our Prophet (saas) also recommended to be consumed. So what are the benefits of olives? What is the use of swallowing olive seeds? How to consume olive leaves?
Olive, which has two varieties, both green and black, is one of the foods rich in calcium. It also contains plenty of vitamins A, D, E and K. In this regard, experts emphasize that eating five olives a day meets 55 percent of the iron needed by the body. Olive, which is used in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry, prevents the development of many diseases from jaundice to cancer. In addition to the olive obtained from olive trees that can live for 2000 years, the bark and leaves of the tree are also very useful. The immature state is green, the color becomes black as it stays in the sun. For centuries, women have consumed olives both for their skin beauty and for their health. Olive was a very important food for people in ancient years because it gave energy. The reason was that there were no drugs or technological care in those years, and people were protected from diseases by consuming foods that are the strongest antioxidants in nature. Olive is one of these foods.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OLIVE? WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU EAT 5 OLIVES A DAY?
– Thanks to the polyphenols it contains, it protects nerve cells by reducing the rate of oxidative stress in the brain. Thus, consuming 5 olives a day helps to strengthen the memory.
– Thanks to its high iron content, it prevents catching anemia. Olive, which reduces cholesterol, prevents vascular occlusion and heart diseases.
–It helps in reducing conditions such as swelling and gas compression that occur after meals.
–By increasing the number of healthy cells in the immune system, it increases the body’s resistance against cancerous cells.
–It helps blood clotting by balancing the ratio of platelet cells that decrease due to nutrients.
– Olive, which is also rich in antioxidants, prevents the formation of sebaceous glands in the liver. In addition, this food, which is rich in vitamin E, makes the skin look brighter and radiant. It is rumored that the sultans of the Ottoman period owed their legendary beauty to olives. It not only supports skin but also hair health. In particular, it reduces conditions such as dandruff and dulling.
– You can reduce your appetite by eating 5 olives before meals. Unsaturated fats in olives convey the feeling of satiety to the brain. Thus, the body does not feel the need to consume more food because it feels satiated. People who want to lose weight can try this method.
– Olive, which is effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids, prevents hemorrhoids from softening and causing pain or bleeding. Since it is a good pain reliever, it also reduces the risk of bone and joint pain.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OLIVE LEAF?
The leaves are dried and consumed. It is usually made into tea. In some places, water prepared from the leaves is added to meals. Boil 10 dried olive leaves in 2 glasses of water. You can consume it after brewing. In ancient times, this water was used to disinfect wounds, as it had healing properties. You can also use the water prepared from olive leaf, which has antibacterial properties, as a tonic for skin cleansing. In winter, the risk of upper respiratory tract diseases can be reduced with the water prepared from these leaves.
WHAT DOES SWALLOWING OLIVE SEEDS DO?
Studies have shown that olive seeds are as beneficial as olives. The olive kernel, which can be swallowed as a whole, has many contributions to human health.
–Olive seed, which is said to be good for diseases such as heartburn and ulcers experienced after meals, accelerates the cleansing of the person thanks to the omega 3 wet acids and solvent acids it contains.
– Olive seeds provide one-to-one benefits for the problem of constipation. However, it is emphasized by experts that it is more effective when the olive seed is powdered and consumed.
– Accelerating the digestive system is also among the benefits of olive seeds. In particular, it supports the healthier functioning of the mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach and intestines in the digestive system.
–Experts emphasize that the risk of rectal diseases such as hemorrhoids decreases in people who swallow olive seeds.
– Twice the anti-bacterial effect of olive is present in olive pit. Experts say that the effect of viruses that cause tumors can be reduced thanks to olive seeds. However, since there is no definite study result, it is useful to consult a specialist.
NOTE: Please consult a specialist before applying.