Little known among the people, kohlrabi radish provides one-on-one benefits for chronic insomnia and fatigue. We searched for those who were curious about kohlrabi radish, which is grown and widely consumed in the Black Sea and Marmara regions. It is also recommended for dieters as it keeps you full for a long time. So what are the benefits of kohlrabi radish? How to consume kohlrabi radish?
The kohlrabi vegetable, which is widely consumed abroad, has just started to become popular in our country. This vegetable, which belongs to the cabbage family, looks like a radish in appearance. Kohlrabi, which started to appear on the counters from the spring, is consumed like cabbage and celery. Kohlrabi, which has two different colors such as green and pink, meets 52 percent of the daily fiber needed by the body. Kohlrabi, also known as the “heavenly bun”, is rich in vitamins A, C and B, as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus and iron. In some studies, it has been determined that the kohlrabi vegetable is effective in destroying cancer cells. Kohlrabi, which has the ability to grow throughout the year, provides many benefits to human health.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ALABASH?
– Kohlrabi, which is rich in vitamin C, acts as a powerful antioxidant. Thanks to this feature, it protects the health of cells that tend to mutate and become tumors in the body. It prevents the formation of cancer. In particular, it cleans the lungs and intestines and resets the possibility of cancer here.
– The most common ailment in eye health is cataracts. The condition that causes the formation of cataracts is the decrease in vitamin A in the eye. Kohlrabi, which is rich in vitamin A, prevents this situation from happening.
– Potassium balance in the body is an important mineral for blood pressure disorders. When this mineral decreases, it causes hormonal disorders and risky diseases such as high blood pressure and even stroke. However, kohlrabi balances the rate in the body thanks to the high potassium it contains.
– Like radish, kohlrabi has a positive effect on dry cough and respiratory diseases. When boiled and consumed, it cuts chest pain and dry cough due to infection, especially during seasonal transitions.
– It is one of the rare foods that increase the iron rate without gaining weight. Because kohlrabi is rich in fiber, it helps in weight loss. It accelerates metabolism. At the same time, it prevents serious diseases such as anemia by increasing the iron rate.
– Since it is rich in selenium, which is effective in the development of intelligence, it also positively affects brain health. Experts recommend that children and expectant mothers consume it. It also has the feature of increasing breast milk.
– Calcium mineral strengthens muscles and bones. In this way, diseases such as rheumatism and osteoporosis, which are likely to be seen in older ages, are prevented. Although mulberry is the most calcium-rich food in nature, kohlrabi is as rich as milk.
– Kohlrabi, which strengthens immunity, renews the body by removing the toxins accumulated in the body. This benefit is most beneficial to the skin. The skin, which is frequently affected by both external factors and internal disorders, prevents the formation of acne and pimples by regulating the oil balance thanks to kohlrabi.
– By calming the nerve cells, it allows the person to have a comfortable sleep. prof. Dr. It is among the foods that İbrahim Saraçoğlu recommends, especially to his patients who often have sleep problems. Saraçoğlu, who recommends white kohlrabi for chronic insomnia, emphasizes that it should be consumed raw half an hour before sleep.
WHAT IS THE NEGATIVE EFFECT OF KHALLOW?
Kohlrabi, which can consume iodine in the body in a short time, can cause hormone problems such as thyroid. Therefore, attention should be paid to its consumption. At least one should consult a specialist and learn how much to consume daily. Some experts recommend consuming it no more than twice a week.