Kiwano, or horned melon, which is rich in vitamins and minerals around the world, has not been popular. However, when increasing diseases led to natural remedies, horned melon research began. Kiwano, which is grown in our country as we have a Mediterranean climate, is a powerful antioxidant. What are the benefits of Horned Melon (Kiwano) fruit? How to eat horned melon?
The real name of the horned melon, which is a tropical fruit, is Kiwano. In our country, this name was given because its outer part resembles a melon. One hundred percent of the horned melon, which contains jelly and seeds, contains vitamin C. In addition, it contains protein, calcium, iron, high dietary fiber and vitamin A. Horned melon, which tastes like a banana and cucumber, is primarily green. It then changes color to yellow and orange. Horned melon, which is frequently consumed in countries such as New Zealand and Africa, became popular in our country 5 years ago. It is grown in climatic conditions suitable for cities such as Alanya, Mersin and Antalya.
HOW TO EAT HORN METAL?
Ripe horned melon tastes better. Therefore, make sure that it is orange when buying. It is distributed throughout our country from Mersin, Alanya and Antalya. It is also available for sale online. After it is washed thoroughly, it is divided into two in the middle and the jelly-like part containing the seeds is consumed with a spoon. By drying the outer shells, tea can be made in the winter months. On the other hand, it can be produced in sweet foods such as jam and marmalade.
NOTE: Horned melon, which does not have any serious side effects, is not recommended for pregnant and chronic diseases.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HORN METAL (KIWANO) FRUIT?
- Horned melon, which has strong antioxidant properties thanks to the vitamin C it contains, strengthens immunity. Thanks to the horned melon, which increases the body’s resistance against diseases, it becomes ineffective in a short time against free radicals in the body. Therefore, the cells are renewed in a healthy way, reducing the risk of cancer.
- It rapidly reduces the rate of toxins in the body and ensures the functioning of the adrenal glands. It removes wastes from the bladder through urine. It also prevents urinary tract infection.
- Since it is rich in protein, it increases bone and muscle mass. It is recommended for people who experience muscle and bone pain. It provides natural benefits especially for rheumatism and joint disorders.
- Vitamin C not only strengthens immunity, but also ensures rapid regeneration of cells in the skin. Thus, thanks to vitamin C, it delays wrinkles and aging. Provides rapid regeneration of nails.
- Strengthens hair and hair roots. It provides regeneration of the scalp. Thus, it eliminates dandruff and spillage problems.