Flaxseed, known as a superfood, has been consumed for health purposes by human beings for more than 6000 years. Flaxseed, which contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, supports the regeneration of cells in a short time. This benefit is most beneficial to skin health. We have researched for you those who are curious about flaxseed. So what are the benefits of flax seeds?
Flax, which has been grown in Egypt and Asia since ancient times, is a useful plant. However, the seed is usually consumed. The oil obtained from linseed is one of the most ancient beneficial oils. It has been used for centuries in alternative medicine in India. It contains high levels of antioxidants and fiber. Flaxseed, which provides strong support in the functional function of body health, is the key to the secret of a healthy life. It provides a healthy and resistant body thanks to its components, minerals and vitamins. The flax plant, whose scientific name is linum usitatissimum, grows up to about 1 meter. Its seeds are likened to fried melon seeds. In addition, flax seeds are often confused with hemp seeds. But they are seeds of completely different plants. Unscented flaxseed is crushed and the oil it contains is used. The oil is very useful in terms of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. According to the research of the American National Cancer Institute, flaxseed has been chosen as one of the beneficial plants that should be used in cancer treatment. Plant flowers are blue. Research on flaxseed is still ongoing. The seed is mostly used as a raw material in cosmetic factories. Flaxseed also contains substances such as lignans, antioxidants, fiber, protein and alpha-linolenic acid.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF flaxseed?
– Studies have shown that flaxseed retards the development of cancerous cells. Although not completed yet, positive results have been obtained in experiments on animals.
– Flaxseed, rich in vitamin E, promotes rapid regeneration of skin cells. This is especially effective in preventing wrinkles that occur due to aging.
– When consumed regularly, it balances blood pressure, which reduces the risk of high blood pressure. This benefit has been proven as a result of an experiment conducted by Greek scientists on a group of men.
– Contains beneficial fibers that lower bad cholesterol and blood sugar. Flaxseed, which is recommended to be consumed for breakfast in powder form, also ensures the healthy functioning of the digestive system.
It is recommended to consume one tablespoon of powdered flaxseed daily for people who have constant constipation problems. In this way, the function of the intestines increases. It is a natural remedy for constipation.
– Flaxseed, which contains substances that make the liver work more functional, thus supports the elimination of toxins in the body in a shorter time. It cleans the blood.
– A spoonful of flaxseed added to the daily diet prevents hair loss. It also benefits cardiovascular diseases.
HOW IS LINEN SEED CONSUMED?
Flaxseed, whose oil is generally used, can also be consumed by pulverizing. In addition, some companies have made medicine tablets from flaxseed. Its powder or oil can be added to yogurt, salads and meals. It does not spoil the taste and does not cause discomfort as it has no smell.