Fennel tea, which has been used in alternative medicine since ancient times, is good for sleep and dry eyes. In addition, fennel seeds, which are used as a spice in meals, are beneficial in eliminating health problems such as gas compression after meals. It is also recommended especially for breastfeeding mothers to increase their milk. So what are the benefits of Fennel? How is fennel tea made?
Fennel, which is indispensable for meals with its pleasant smell and taste, was used as a herbal medicine in ancient times. Apart from beneficial minerals such as sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, it is very rich in vitamins A and C. Tea is made from fennel leaves. Its seeds are used to relieve constipation and gas. In addition, oil, soap, ointment and syrup are made from this seed. Thanks to flavones and essential oils, it is the raw material of many herbal medicines. Fennel, whose homeland is the Mediterranean and the Near East, is used by drying both its leaves and seeds. Fennel seeds are very rich in protein. It grows in rocky and arid places. Locally, it is added to bread making in some places. The most important benefit of the fennel plant is that it makes breast milk. When the seed grows, an onion-like fruit emerges.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FENNEL?
– In a study, raw chewed fennel seeds increase the nitrite substance in saliva. When this substance mixes with the blood, it regulates the blood pressure and keeps the blood pressure in balance. At the same time, it is rich in potassium, which increases the fluid components in the body.
– When toxins are not eliminated from the body, they accumulate in the kidneys, intestines and urinary tract. This accumulation causes stones, sand and inflammation. Fennel is one of the most natural remedies that negatively affects this accumulation.
– Since it is rich in essential oils, it is effective in reducing toxinization in the blood. This toxinization reduces the number of cells in the blood and causes anemia, which occurs with iron deficiency as well as blood pressure. Fennel naturally prevents anemia.
– Fennel is one of the foods that experts recommend for those who work at the computer all the time and are effective in protecting eye health. Thanks to vitamin A, it prevents diseases such as eye pressure and dryness. Put a teaspoon of fennel seeds in a glass of boiling water and wait for it to brew. Cleanse your eyes by dipping a cotton pad in warm water.
– In order to balance the hormones in the body, the amount of oxygen must be at a sufficient level. In this balancing, the cells should be supported with a food high in selenium. In this way, it is good for skin diseases such as acne and acne, as well as other diseases.
– Fennel tea, consumed in a glass during the day, gives a feeling of satiety throughout the day. In this way, tea is ideal for those who want to lose weight. It also reduces the risk of serious stomach diseases such as ulcers and reflux by balancing stomach acid.
–It can be consumed in cramping pains experienced during menstruation.
– Thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect, it reduces the infectious bacteria in the mouth and teeth. It removes bad breath and cleans the inflammation in the throat with phlegm.
–It increases the milk rate of expectant mothers.
–By reducing the number of nerve cells, it increases the melatonin hormone and allows you to have a comfortable sleep.
HOW TO MAKE FENNEL TEA?
Add crushed fennel seeds into a glass of boiling water. Let it brew for 5 minutes, then strain and consume. You can also add a few drops of lemon if you wish.
CAUTION: It can cause severe pain by making too much gas. Therefore, it should be consumed under expert control.