Cocoa, which contains high levels of magnesium, has been used as a medicine in alternative medicine for thousands of years. We have searched for you everything that is curious about pure cocoa, which has a strong antioxidant feature. Studies have proven that it is one of the foods that strengthens memory. So what are the benefits of cocoa? What diseases is cocoa good for? You can find the answer to all your questions in the details of the news.
Known as Theobroma cacao in the scientific literature, cocoa belongs to the mallow family. It is the raw material of chocolate. It usually grows in tropical climates such as South America, West Africa, and West Indian. There are seeds inside a melon on the tree. Chocolate is obtained by passing those seeds through certain processes. It is also used in certain pharmaceutical companies by extracting its oil. According to historical information, cocoa trees, discovered by the Mayans, are a complete storehouse of vitamins and minerals, as they grow from very fertile soils. At the same time, the Aztecs used cocoa in their religious rituals, while the Spaniards mixed it with milk to obtain sweets. Today, cocoa, which has undergone certain processes and turned into eating, has mostly become the raw material of the sweet sector. It is cultivated in 70 thousand square kilometers worldwide. Almost 40 percent of the production is done in Ivory Coast. Cocoa seeds are used after fermentation. Because it has a very sharp bitter taste. Grains are roasted and turned into flour. After the oil is extracted, cocoa powder is formed. Chocolate is obtained from unsweetened cocoa powder.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COCOA?
– Cocoa, which is rich in flavonody, supports the regeneration of cells in the body. It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and prevents them from clogging or shrinking. It also keeps the blood level stable, thereby reducing the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease.
– In researches, pure form of cocoa, like the pure form of black tea, prevents cancer diseases. For this reason, experts recommend that people consume dark chocolate for consumption in chocolate. It also expels harmful radical viruses in the body.
– For learning and memory, the brain and the nerve cells that go to the brain need to work properly. For the control of this function, nerve cells need the flavonody substance. The more the substance, the healthier and faster the brain works.
– Cholesterol, which is naturally found in the blood, is necessary for body health. However, the excess of the bad cholesterol, that is, the one that increases the fat ratio in the blood, leads to serious health problems. Cocoa is hypoglycemic and reduces bad cholesterol levels.
– In another study, it was revealed that cocoa reduces depression and stress, which is one of the mental diseases. Adding additional reinforcement to the substance that increases the happiness hormone in the body, cocoa shows a strong natural antidepressant effect.
– Cocoa is recommended for chronic fatigue, which often increases in modern life. However, the one that is processed and brought in the form of chocolate will not benefit. Again, dark chocolate made from pure cocoa is recommended. It accelerates the release of substances such as anandamide and phenylethylamine in the brain.
– It makes metabolism and intestines work more regularly. It is an ideal food especially for those who want to diet. In addition, it prevents digestive problems such as constipation. Studies have shown that the fiber it contains protects the intestinal flora.
–Cocoa, which is rich in magnesium, which the body needs as an additional supplement, prevents serious diseases such as menstrual pain, heart palpitations and urinary tract infections.
– It is among the first three nutrients that have a positive effect on skin health. It prevents premature aging of the skin and wrinkles. It also provides the water that the skin needs most.
DOES COCOA HAVE HARMFUL?
Cocoa contains high levels of caffeine. Because of this, it causes health problems such as nervousness, anxiety, migraine pain, excessive urine, insomnia and high heart rate. In addition, pregnant and lactating mothers should consult their specialists before consuming. Although it is beneficial to coagulate the bleeding, excessive coagulation can lead to blockage. At the same time, it is not suitable for people who have undergone surgery, as it affects the blood level excessively. It is beneficial for people who use chronic drugs to consult their doctor before consuming them.