We have searched for those who are curious about barley, which easily meets 25 percent of the body’s daily fiber needs. Barley, which is the oldest food, is rich in minerals and vitamins and provides incredible benefits to human health. So what are the benefits of barley? What diseases is barley good for? How is barley consumed? You can find the answers to all these questions in the details of the news.
Barley, which belongs to the wheat family, has been consumed for centuries. Barley, which comes after corn, wheat and rice in the world production ranking, is an alternative food. It has high protein value. The barley mentioned in the Karabalgasun inscriptions was used for different purposes everywhere. Barley, which is also rich in fiber and minerals, contributes positively to human health, especially to metabolism. Both meals and bread were made from the flour obtained from barley, which was the first food source of Central Asian and Asian cultures. Its paddy was used on house roofs. Thanks to the carbohydrates it contains, wheat keeps the body temperature high during the winter months, so it is consumed by both humans and animals. Barley, which is easily grown in regions with high temperatures, needs plenty of water until it turns green, but then only needs the sun. Therefore, its cultivation area takes place in a wide range throughout the world. In alternative medicine, natural medicine is made for digestive diseases. It increases the functionality of the kidneys and makes them work healthier.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BARLEY? WHICH DISEASES IS BARLEY GOOD?
– It has higher quality carbohydrates than the foods belonging to the other wheat family. Studies have shown that when consumed regularly and in sufficient amounts, it easily provides the energy needed by the body’s health. However, excessive consumption is not recommended.
– Magnesium is also effective in balancing the substances in the blood. Barley is also a rich source of magnesium. In particular, it lowers the level of sugar in the blood. Subsequently, it also minimizes the health problems that predispose to high blood pressure and vascular diseases.
– Barley, which is effective in removing the inflammation accumulated in the human body, ensures that it is excreted through sputum or urine. Inflammation is more common in women than men.
– The level of bad cholesterol rises due to certain foods. An increase in this level invites heart diseases. However, thanks to the substances it contains, barley lowers the level of bad cholesterol and raises the level of the good one.
– Barley containing beta glucam prevents both diarrhea and constipation by increasing the functions of the intestines. Especially when lemon juice is added to the prepared barley water, it ensures the shedding of all bacteria and viruses in the intestines.
– Some studies have shown that it prevents colon cancer. However, this has not been fully tested on humans.
–Barley, which is an ideal food for those who want to lose weight, can be consumed as a salad by boiling and adding greens to it.
– Put a medium bowl in a medium saucepan and wash thoroughly. Then fill the same bowl 3 times with heaping water and add it to the pot. Boil the water when it thickens, lower the heat and strain it from the barley and drink it. You can mix it with yoghurt and consume it so that barley is not wasted.
DOES BARLEY HAVE HARMFUL?
– Since it contains very rich minerals and vitamins, it is likely to cause an allergic reaction. That’s why experts recommend consuming a small amount during the day.
–Since it provides a quick effect, it overworks the lung and liver functions and prepares the ground for their rapid exhaustion.
–It is very likely to cause celiac disease.
–When consumed excessively, it prepares for gas compression.