In order for the teeth to be healthy at all times, attention should be paid to the foods and beverages consumed, as well as oral and dental care. Dentist Mahmut GENÇ gave information about tooth-friendly foods and foods that harm teeth.
The most important task of our teeth is undoubtedly nutrition. The food we take for our body is first taken orally and becomes digestible with the grinding and shredding function of the teeth. For our general body health, we have to consume foods and have a balanced diet. However, in the foods we consume, there are foods that are extremely beneficial for our teeth, as well as foods that negatively affect our dental health. For this, it is necessary to know the foods that are friendly to the teeth. Here are the most beneficial nutrients for our dental health:
1. Milk and dairy products
Milk, yogurt and cheese are the first foods in our teeth and gum health. These foods protect teeth and prevent caries formation with the high calcium and phosphate they contain. Due to its basic properties, the acidic environment in the mouth is neutralized and acids are prevented from causing tooth decay.
2. Fruits and vegetables
Vegetables and fruits take on the task of protecting dental health with the minerals and vitamins they contain. Fruits such as pomegranate and orange tangerine containing vitamin C should be consumed for gum health.
Natural whitening of teeth Banana peel is an easy and practical method for However, excessive consumption should be avoided due to the sugar they contain.
3. Water, green tea and other herbal teas
Drinking water, green tea and other herbal teas are beneficial drinks for tooth and gum health due to their antioxidant and antibacterial properties. . Its benefits have been proven when consumed without sugar. Acidic drinks are drinks that should not be consumed because of their abrasive properties on tooth enamel and because they cause caries.
Harmful foods for dental health
- The most harmful foods for teeth are those containing sugar and sugary acidic beverages.
- With the consumption of these foods, the bacteria in the mouth consume this sugar and form acid.
- Acid causes destruction on dental hard tissues and leads to the onset of caries.
- These foods should not be consumed or oral care should be done carefully after consumption.
To protect oral and dental health…
- At least 2 times a day, 2 minutes We have to brush our teeth all the time.
- We must go to our dentist for a check-up every 6 months.
- We should take care of our nutrition for our teeth and gum health.
- We should not neglect our oral care.