Propolis, which is produced by bees other than honey and has high vitamin and mineral values, has incredible benefits for human health. This substance, which bees produce to protect the honeycomb, is especially effective in strengthening immunity. We searched for those who were curious about the mixture of honey and propolis, which is effective in increasing flu infections today. So what are the benefits of propolis? How is propolis used?
Another substance produced by bees to clean the inside of their honey hives and protect them against external factors is called propolis. Available in yellow, orange, black and brown. Propolis, a resinous substance; beech, elm and conifer trees. B.C. It has a history that goes back to 350 years. The Greeks used propolis in the treatment of abscesses, which has been the most effective nutrient preventing infection in alternative medicine since it was discovered. The Egyptians used it as a natural remedy for embalming their corpses and the Assyrians for cleaning wounds. . Bees build propolis from the outside of the hive to the inside in a smooth system. Especially by closing the mouths of the honeycombs, other living things are prevented from entering. The substance, which has a strong antibiotic effect, prevents any living creature from coming into contact with it. Just like honey, propolis differs according to the flowers collected. After the honey is removed from the hive, propolis is scraped off. It is made suitable for use by going through some processes. It contains polyphenols, phenolic acids, terpenes, steroids, vitamins B1, B2, C and E, minerals and amino acids. Therefore, propolis shows strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects against diseases.
HONEY AND PROPOLIS MIXTURE:
According to research by Oxford University, a powerful natural pain reliever is obtained from the mixture of honey and propolis. In addition, it is recommended to consume a mixture of propolis and honey, which is a strong antibiotic, especially in winter. A spoonful of the mixture, which is effective against increasing viruses and infections, should be consumed every morning. The safety of this food has been proven in the tests.
PROPOLIS ADVICE FROM İBRAHİM SARAÇOĞLU;
prof. Dr. Saraçoğlu states that propolis has incredible benefits. When propolis is poured on a cotton swab and applied to the planes that come out on the lips, it destroys it in a short time. He emphasizes that propolis mouthwash is especially important in eliminating oral infections. He underlines that the most preferred propolis is propolis in liquid form.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PROPOLIS?
– In researches, the pure form of propolis cleans all viruses, bacteria and fungi in the body. It provides a protective effect on immunity. Thanks to its antibacterial effect, it prevents inflammation.
– Viruses that pass from some animals to humans cause viral diseases. These diseases seriously affect the health of the person negatively. However, studies have shown that propolis is more effective than antiviral drugs and, since it does not contain chemicals, it cleans these viruses by protecting body functions.
– It cleans the inflammation in the stomach and intestines, which are the most sensitive in the digestive system. It strengthens the stomach wall. It prevents risky diseases such as stomach ulcer and perforation caused by acid. It balances the water and acid ratio in the stomach. It prevents the formation of excess gas and increases the functionality of the intestines.
– The cells in the body mutate with various effects, and then a cancer called tumor begins. It can cause cancer and even death if not intervened in the required time. However, propolis protects the structure of the cells and prevents them from being deformed. Antioxidant and anti-cancer propolis has shown positive results in the treatment of cancer types such as brain, pancreas, kidney, skin, prostate, breast, colon and liver.
– Its antioxidant properties are also effective in skin diseases. It prevents aging and wrinkles by renewing skin cells. It prevents acne, pimples and blackhead formations. It not only renews the skin but also the hair follicles and prevents them from shedding and wear. It supports rapid healing by showing an antimicrobial effect in burn treatment without leaving any scars on the skin.
– It is a very effective natural remedy for oral and dental health. It prevents gingivitis and tooth loss by reducing the infection in saliva. It destroys the effect of infection in decayed teeth. In particular, it prevents bad breath.
HOW TO USE PROPOLIS?
It is used in medicine, cosmetics and food industry. It is also available in the form of grains in herbalists. In some herbalists, it is mixed with honey and sold. It is also available in tablet form. For oral wounds, a teaspoon of propolis can be gargled five times. People with chronic sleep problems and those with weak immunity are recommended in tablet form. Propolis prepared in the form of a special spray reduces throat infections. Propolis can be consumed in powder form both with honey and with yogurt. However, an amount of elongation should be consulted before consuming propolis.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE USING PROPOLIS:
Propolis, which contains very strong substances, can cause serious diseases when consumed excessively and without consulting a specialist. It is also beneficial for people who are allergic to honey to stay away from this food. Pregnant or those who want to become pregnant should consult their experts before consuming.