Orenga, which is mixed with thyme but a completely different plant, adds color to the dishes with its smell and aroma. It has been consumed for centuries, but no one knows its name exactly. It is known by different names in Anatolian cuisine. In the world, it is added to sauces, especially in Italian cuisine. Since it comes from the same family as thyme, it is also rich in vitamins. It shows a full drug effect in the form of tea. What are the benefits of the Oregano plant?
Also known as black kinik, marjoram and oregano, oregano is harvested from the fields in autumn. Just like thyme and thyme, oregano collected smells like them. It leaves an unforgettable taste in the mouth with its very delicious oregano aroma. The substance carvacol in it is very active. This substance instantly destroys viruses and bacteria. Therefore, it is collected and used not only for meals, but also consumed in the form of tea. Although many people confuse it, it is completely different with thyme. Thyme is more fragrant and aromatic. Oregano, on the other hand, has a softer flavor and aroma.
WHAT DOES OREGANO TEA DO?
The oregano plant, which is a powerful vitamin K, reduces the activities of viruses that cause upper respiratory diseases when consumed in the form of tea. Add a teaspoon of oregano to a glass of boiled water and wait for it to brew. Then you can strain it and add half a teaspoon of honey and consume it. Thanks to this tea, you can overcome the diseases in a short time by balancing the body temperature.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OREGANO PLANT?
- It prevents the accumulation of parasites in the intestine or stomach.
- It provides rapid healing of damaged cells.
- By calming the nervous system, it relaxes the brain and facilitates sleep.
- Thanks to its strong smell, it allows the blocked sinuses to be opened.
- By putting a few fresh leaves in boiling water during the shower, it provides effective steam and opens the pores, making it easier to clean.
- When consumed with honey, it helps to get rid of all the phlegm accumulated in the throat thanks to its expectorant effect.
WHAT DOES OREGANO OIL DO?
Oregano oil, obtained by crushing the leaves, is added to warm water and gargled. In this way, it reduces bacteria for the mouth.
It helps in reducing the severity of superficial health problems such as eczema and psoriasis in skin diseases.
You can solve dandruff or scalp problems by dripping it into the shampoo.