Recently, many people filled the emergency room due to poisoning. In the first examinations, it was revealed that the spinach was poisonous. The poisoning of this food, which is the most consumed in winter and very strong in terms of iron, scared everyone. So, is spinach poisonous? What are the symptoms of spinach poisoning? What does spinach poisoning do?
Spinach, which is the richest among other nutrients found in nature in terms of iron, actually needs to be consumed for once. Despite this statement made by experts at every opportunity, the public continues to heat and consume spinach again and again. This situation reveals the poisoning effect of nitrate in spinach. In the past weeks, emergency services have been overflowing due to this health problem. However, everyone has come up with information that spinach is poisonous. On top of that, experts made a statement again, emphasizing that spinach does not poison directly, but when reheated, it can cause poisoning, especially when consumed by children. Despite the fact that our body meets the nutritional values more than enough, there is no benefit due to the increase in nitrate level in the content of spinach, which is exposed to heat again. The body experiences severe symptoms due to excess nitrate. It can even cause damage if not intervened properly.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF SPINCH POISONING?
- The increased nitrate level causes a weakening of the nervous system. This paves the way for the weakening of the brain.
- In the first stage, the person experiences blurred vision and extreme nausea. Later, motor movements are reduced.
- Nitrate, which reduces the amount of calcium in the bone and muscle system, causes the body to become sluggish and suffer unnecessary pain.
- Body complications ranging from vomiting and weakening of immunity cause high fever and severe vomiting or diarrhea.
- Deteriorated intestinal flora causes the digestive system to collapse and the person to lose fluid rapidly.
SPINCH POISONING TREATMENT
First, the stomach is cleaned. Serum therapy is applied to strengthen immunity. Some drug treatments are applied to reduce the symptoms of poisoning. The health status of the person starts to improve within an average of one week. The Ministry of Health warns about the consumption of spinach in these months every year. When the number of cases increased the other day, the Ministry made an official statement and stated that those who buy spinach should pay attention.