Personal hygiene habits have a very important place in the control of many infectious diseases. Handwashing is the best, most effective and cheapest method of preventing diseases. Developing the habit of hand washing, which is gained from childhood, plays a very important role in fighting diseases. So, after which situations should hands be washed?
Conditions that require washing hands
- Before and after meal
- After using the toilet
- After touching raw meat, chicken, fish and eggs
- After touching spoiled food and garbage
- Covering your mouth with your hand while sneezing and coughing
- Public transport, money exchange, after using public phones
- After hand contact with cats, dogs and other animals
- After coming home from school and work
How to wash hands?
Correct hand washing method should be in the following order:
- Hands are wetted with warm water
- Soap is distributed over all surfaces of the hands and lathered well.
- Wrists, palms, fingers, between fingers, back of hand and inside nails are rubbed vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Hands are rinsed thoroughly.
- Hands are dried with disposable towel paper, especially in public and public places.
- The tap is turned off with the paper towel used for drying and thrown into the trash.
Regular hand washing habit protects against infectious diseases such as flu and hepatitis A!
In crowded and communal environments, infectious diseases such as influenza Hepatitis-A spread rapidly due to unwashed hands. Gaining the habit of regular hand washing and taking 30 seconds for hand hygiene protects against diseases that can be transmitted as a result of contact with the places touched by sick people, especially in public transportation vehicles. Specialist from Memorial Antalya Hospital Infectious Diseases Department. Dr. Hand cleaning and hand washing habit that Şirin Elmi shared with us on the occasion of “October 15 World Hand Washing Day” is an important and simple method of protection not only for yourself, but also for the health of your children. For this reason, do not forget to wash your hands correctly in the situations we mentioned and frequently, and to ensure that your children also wash them.