You want to throw yourself into cool waters as soon as possible, but the weight you gain in winter may be worrying you. With the Go Back Beach Exercises Program prepared by Fitness Trainer and Healthy Life Coach Burçin Alçın, you can quickly get in shape with very simple exercises that can be done by the pool or on the beach.
If you still carry the pain of winter in your body and you think it’s too late to get in shape, Fitness Instructor and Wellness Coach Burçin Alçın by Go Back
1. Kneeling Squat to Lateral Raise: Sit on your knees. Stand up with your hands together in front at chest level with support from the right and then the left leg, and open and close the right and then the left leg to the side. During standing up, the scars should not turn inwards, the knee should not exceed the tip of the toes, and the chest should show the opposite. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
2. Squat Rotation: Squat with legs open at shoulder level, hands bent at chest level, elbows bent over each other, knee joint not exceeding toes. As you stand up, rotate your upper body to the right. The next time you get up, do the same for the left side. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
3. Half Push Up : Lie face down. With knees bent and hands at chest level, push yourself up with support from your arms. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
4. Reverse Lunge to Front Kick : Take one leg back. Squat with your torso upright, hands on hips. As you stand up, bend your back leg at the knee and take it forward and kick. Perform the movement for each leg. Do 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
5. Straight Leg Crunch: Lie flat on the floor. Reach your hands straight into the air. Keeping your head in a natural position as if there is a ball under your chin, slowly bend forward to your waist. Never get up from the waist up. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
6. Side Crunch Variation: Lie on your back. Pull your knees towards you and turn them to the side from the hips and fix them to the ground. Bend forward with hands on either side of head, neck in a natural position. Perform the movement on both sides. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
7. Seated Knee Tuck: Sit on the floor with knees bent, hands behind torso to support. Pull your knees towards you and extend them forward so that they do not touch the floor. Take the torso back by bending the elbows while extending the knees. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
8. Lower Back Crunch: Lie face down. Align your hands on either side of your head. Slowly bend back. When you come to the last repetition, hold your arms in the air with your arms extended forward, then take the arms back as if you are floating and finish the movement. Do 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
Reset in 6 steps!
- You can use a towel to stretch your legs after exercising at the beach or by the pool. Lie on your back. Hold the towel in both hands and place it on the center of the soles of your feet. Slowly pull your leg towards you. Wait until 5 and do the same for the other leg.
- Use weights when performing the exercises. If you don’t have dumbbells with you, you can make your own dumbbells by putting sand or small stones in small water bottles. You can get dumbbells of the same weight by filling them with sand. When you add stones, the weights may not match.
- If you swim with fins with or without support from somewhere in the sea or pool, or if you move your legs as if you are floating on your face and back, you will have both a good cardio and a solid hip and leg workout. You can do this exercise for at least 2 and maximum 3 times a week, for 15 minutes.
Remember these to stay in shape!
- Take beach walks 2 or 3 times a week.
- The sea makes people hungry. You can say stop to calorie foods outside with the fruits and raw nuts you bring from your home.
- Half an hour of sleep on the sunbed after exercise helps your body and mind relax.